1) Round Small sized Eggplants/Baingan ( Indian Eggplant) – 4
2) Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
3) Green Chillies – 2 teaspoons , finely chopped
4) Yellow Onions – 1/2 cup , finely chopped
5) Tomatoes – 1/2 cup , finely chopped
6) Cumin seeds powder – 1 teaspoon
7) Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
8) Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
9) Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
10) Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
11) Chat Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
12) Cilantro leaves – 1/2 bunch , chopped
1) Salt – to taste
2) Lemon Juice – 1/4 tsp
3) Dry Red Chilly – 3, crushed well
Cut the eggplants into halves and scoop out the center seedy part and save this for stuffing.
Mix some oil , crushed dry red chilly , lemon juice, salt and rub eggplants inside and outside with this mix and keep this aside.
Crush chopped green chillies and set this aside.
Heat some oil in a pan , add cumin seeds powder.
Add ginger-garlic paste, crushed green chillies, onions and saute well.
Add all the dry masala powder and mix well.
Add chopped tomato and Stir well and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
If vegetables starts sticking to the pan, sprinkle some water.
Once tomato is cooked add center part of the eggplant that we saved earlier and mix well and cook for a minute.
Add chopped cilantro leaves, remove from heat and mix well.
Fill each seasoned eggplant with this filling and bake at 400 degrees. When eggplants begin to charr on the
outside it is ready to take out of the oven.
Instead of baking , you can grill eggplants on an outside grill also.
Spray some cooking oil on eggplants in between grilling or baking for a better taste.